Monthly Hands on Workshops:
Repair Revolution believes a well-maintained vehicle prevents costly repairs in the long run. Our mission of empowering folks through education is woven through everything we do, but if you are interested in having a more hands-on experience, come to one of our monthly basic car care workshops! Learning more about your vehicles operating systems will help you to identify issues before they turn into bigger more expensive repairs. We know looking under your hood can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be that way! Come learn more about your car with us!
At this 2-hour interactive, hands-on workshop, one of our very our certified mechanics will take you on a trip under the hood of your car and teach you things like:
- How to check the vehicle’s vital fluids levels and condition including oil, transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid etc. Fluids are the life blood of your vehicle and knowing this basic skill is invaluable for preliminary vehicle diagnosis
- How to perform a basic safety inspection
- How to change a flat tire
- How to jump start a vehicle safely without damaging on-board computers or other sensitive electronic devices
- How to perform an oil change
- The basics of what makes your car run
- And much more!
Dates: To find out when our next workshop is being held, as well as how to pre-pay and register, visit our Facebook events page here.
Cost: Sliding Scale from $5.00-$40.00. Pay what you can to support Repair Revolution in empowering your community.
Things to know for participants:
- We provide safety glasses
- Wear clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty
- If you have slip-resistant shoes, wear those. NO OPEN TOED SHOES.
- Please bring a flashlight, if possible.
- Bring photo ID. Folks over 15 years of age and under 18 are welcome, but you must bring a photo id and a parent or guardian to sign a waiver at the beginning of class.
- You must sign an Accident Waiver and Release of liability to participate in the class. We will provide these upon your arrival.
- We will use vehicles from the workshop’s participants whenever possible to enhance your learning experience.
We also offer group classes and hope to offer advanced workshop classes in the future. Please keep an eye on our Facebook events page for more details. For more information regarding our workshops or to get on our workshop mailing list, please contact Gabriel @ firstname.lastname@example.org .